For equipment and facilities rentals, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not take bookings by phone, but if you have questions pertaining to equipment or facilities, you can reach us at 604.685.2209 during office hours.
Please note that equipment pickups are by appointment only -- contact us and obtain confirmation of your rental before coming in to pick up.
The prices below are listed at member rates. Non-members should contact us for pricing.
Please familiarize yourself with the following rules for equipment and facilities rentals:
- Equipment rentals are available to members at the rates listed below. However if you're a non-member wanting to rent equipment, please contact email@example.com. Non-members will be charged a deposit.
- Don’t forget to check your equipment invoice against your actual gear before you leave. You will be held responsible for any discrepancies or non-working gear upon return.
- You are responsible for how everything you rent is used, even if someone else on your crew is using it.
- Packages with replacement values of $5,000+ will require insurance coverage.
- When renting facilities, make sure you are comfortable with the alarm protocol before you leave. No one will be here to help you should the alarm go off. Setting the alarm off will incur fines.
- Friday equipment rentals are billed at weekend rates (1.5 days) and are due back on Mondays. No exceptions.
- If you rent for a full week (7 days), you are charged only a 4-day rental.
- Day rentals are for 24-hour days.
- We are open 12PM-6PM Monday to Friday. Please keep in mind that gear can only be picked up between those times, by appointment.
- Renting at member rates is limited to independent projects in which the member personally has creative/copyright control.
- Remember to submit your project details to our registry.
- Make awesome movies and don't forget to have fun!
For rentals valued under $1,500: Insurance is optional. The renter takes full responsibility for the equipment, and may be asked to replace it if damaged or lost.
For rentals valued over $1,500: Renters will be subject to a $25 insurance fee per rental, unless they can provide proof of their own insurance coverage.
This applies to Member and Non-Member Rentals.
Production Members can purchase additional Liability Insurance at very competitive rates through Cineworks.
Contact the Equipment and Facilities Manager for more info firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternator Gallery and Production Centre
Artist Film Workshop
Atlantic Filmakers’ Co-oP (AFCOOP)
Calgary Independent Society of Filmmakers (CSIF)
Canadian Filmmakers Distribution Centre (CFMDC)
Casa Da Imagem
Centre For Art Tapes (CFAT)
Charles Street Video
Coop Vidéo de Montréal
Ed Video Media Arts Centre
Faucet Media Arts Centre & Struts Gallery
Film and Video Artists of Alberta (FAVA)
Film Koop Wein
Groupe Intervention Vidéo (GIV)
Independent Filmmakers’ Co-Op of Ottawa (IFCO)
Island Media Arts Co-Op (IMAC)
Les Films De L’Autre
Les Films Du 3 Mars
Liason of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto (LIFT)
Moving Images Distribution
New Brunswick Filmmakers’ Co-Op
Newfoundland Independent Filmmakers' Co-Op (NIFCO)
Niagara Custom Lab
Paved Art + New Media
Peterborough Arts Umbrella
Quickdraw Animation Society (QAS)
Sakêwêwak Artists' Collective
Saw Video Association
SOIL Digital Media Suite (former Neutral Ground)
Super 8 Reversal Lab
Toronto Animated Image Society (TAIS)
Trinity Square Video
Vivo Media Arts
Western Arctic Moving Pictures (WAMP)
Winnipeg Film Group
Yukon Film Society
Cineworks offers processing of 8mm and 16mm film as a service to members and the general public alike. Using our Cramer processor, we are one of the only labs operating in North America to still offer machine-processing and we're very excited to work on your next film. We are also happy to announce that members of any film co-op across Canada qualify for our member rates and encourage filmmakers to seek these organizations out. Film will be processed as we collect enough footage to constitute a minimum batch size, but we'll be sure to advise of any delays.
Our lab is volunteer-run, so processing services can take up to several weeks depending on how much film is being submitted and on the availability of our volunteers. Please contact us for a time estimate well in advance so that we can try to accommodate your needs.
Please contact email@example.com before sending in any film.
Download the following PDF file to view our rates and e-mail it in to submit your application: